Key Information Documents
FX Vanilla Options
Small trade sizes incur a ‘Minimum Ticket fee’ of USD10 or equivalent in another currency. A small trade that attracts a Minimum Ticket fee is any trade below the ‘Ticket Fee Threshold’ listed below.
FX Vanila Options Ticket Fee Threshold.
|FX Vanilla Option||Ticket Fee Threshold|
|AUDSGD, EURCZK, EURHUF, EURPLN, EURTRY, EURUSD, GBPAUD, GBPCAD, GBPCHF, GBPJPY, GBPUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDHUF, USDILS, USDJPY, USDMXN, USDPLN, USDSGD, USDTRY, USDZAR, USDRUB, EURRUB||50,000|
|AUDJPY, AUDNZD, AUDUSD, CADJPY, CHFJPY, EURAUD, EURCAD, EURCHF, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURNOK, EURNZD, EURSEK, NZDJPY, NZDUSD, USDNOK, USDSEK||100,000|
While the exposure is rather straightforwardly given as the notional amount on an FX spot or forward position, this is not the case with FX options. You will not be able to just use the notional amount on a complicated option strategy. On many types of option strategies (the ones with unlimited risk), the FX Expiry Margin (which is the FX Options margin model) uses the margin rate on the underlying currency pair to calculate the margin requirement. So which margin rate should now be used for the margin calculation of this particular currency pair, when we do not have a single fixed margin rate considering it now depends on the level of exposure? The answer to this question is the margin rate based on the highest potential exposure across your FX and FX option positions in the currency pair. The margin requirement on FX Options is calculated per currency pair, and per maturity date. There is a ceiling to the margin requirement that is the highest potential exposure across the FX Options and FX positions multiplied by the prevailing FX (spot) margin requirement. This calculation also takes into account potential netting between FX Options and FX spot and forward positions. On limited risk strategies, e.g. a short call spread, the margin requirement on an FX Options portfolio is calculated as the maximum future loss.
ELANA Trading offers European style FX Vanilla Options, that is, option will be exercised or expire only at the expiry date and cut at 10:00 Eastern Standard Time (New York cut). Forex Vanilla Options that are ‘in the money’ are automatically exercised on the day of expiry. By default they are converted to a spot position. Up until one hour before exercise you may choose between receiving the spot position (‘spot’) or having ELANA Trading automatically exit the spot position at mid-price of the spread at the time of exercise (‘cash’). There is not limit to the number of times you may change the exercise method.
When trading stock options, there are no minimum ticket fees. Each trade is subject to a flat-rate fee based on the applicable volume bracket.
|Contract Currency||Trade Volume: Contracts / Month|
|0 – 1000||1001 – 5000|
|AUD||AUD 5.00||AUD 3.00|
|EUR||EUR 3.00||EUR 2.00|
|GBP||GBP 2.50||GBP 1.50|
|USD||USD 3.00||USD 2.00|
|CHF||CHF 4.00||CHF 3.00|
|HKD||HKD 30.00||HKD 20.00|
Writing (sell short) options
By default,you will not be enabled to trade stock options short. Short selling of Contract Options is allowed for individually assessed clients who have obtained an advanced margin profile. Please contact us for more information
Early Exercise of Options
Holders of a long position in American Style options can exercise the option any time prior to expiry. To exercise a long option position, an exercise request can be entered in the trading application; in the “Account Summary”. When exercising an option, a commission is charged for buying the stocks. No commissions are paid for the exercise itself. On the last trading day, clients will not be able to exercise any position, since the expiry auto-exercise process will manage exercising against the exercise settlement value.
When trading CFD options, you don’t pay any commission per contract
|Option root||Description||Contract Size||Currency||Target Spread|
|DJX||Dow Jones Industrial Average Ind (OF)||1/100 Index||USD||0.02|
|NDX||Nasdaq 100 Index (OF)||1 Index||USD||0.02|
|SPX||S&P 500 Index (OF)||1 Index||USD||0.02|
|HSI||Hang Seng Index (OF)||1 Index||HKD||0.64|
Strikes, Maturities, Expiry and Settlement
Available strikes are +/- 25% from “at the money” and will be reset daily, with up to 90 days of maturity. All expiries are cash settled, based on the underlying settlement price. All CFD options are European style options, so it is only possible to exercise at the expiry.
Holding fees on long option position (all maturities) will be applied when positions are held overnight. The daily holding fee is 1.10 per million (notional value) in the contract’s trading currency.
Holding fee per day = nominal value/1 000 000 * 1.1
Futures Contract Options
When trading Stock options, there are no minimum ticket fees. Each trade is subject to a flat-rate fee based on the applicable volume bracket. A specific classification of the price category in which the client falls is decided on by ELANA Trading at the end of each month.
|Contract Currency||Trade Volume: Contracts / Month|
|0 – 250||251 – 1000||1001 – 5000|
|AUD||AUD 10.00||AUD 5.00||AUD 2.50|
|EUR||EUR 6.00||EUR 3.00||EUR 1.50|
|GBP||GBP 5.00||GBP 2.50||GBP 1.25|
|SGD||SGD 15.00||SGD 7.50||SGD 3.75|
|USD||USD 6.00||USD 3.00||USD 1.50|
|CHF||CHF 8.00||CHF 4.00||CHF 2.00|
|JPY||JPY 1000.00||JPY 800.00||JPY 750.00|
|HKD||HKD 45||HKD 30||HKD 20|
|CAD||CAD 6.00||CAD 3.00||CAD 1.50|
|SEK||SEK 75.00||SEK 40.00||SEK 20.00|
- If no agreement exists to the contrary, you will be charged the highest price category in the table. Contact ELANA Trading to apply for another price category if applicable based on previous trading volumes. Moves to different price categories take place at the discretion of ELANA Trading and always take effect from the beginning of the following month without any adjustment in commissions already paid.
- The tax will be applied to all Italian Derivatives whose underlying assets are equity instruments issued by Italian companies. The Italian FTT for derivatives applies irrespective of the location of the client or the jurisdiction of the transaction, so everyone trading Italian derivatives will have to pay new Italian FTT for buys and sells. The commissions for trading future contract options are as follows: 6 EUR per contract + a one-time fee per deal of 0.5 EUR for deals of up to 7 contracts and of 5 EUR for deals of more than 7 contracts. According to the notional volume of the trade the following additional fees apply: 0,25EUR for deals with volume of 0 – 2,5 K EUR; 0,50 EUR for deals with volume of 2,5 K – 5 K EUR; 1,00 EUR for deals with volume of 5 K – 10 K EUR; 5,00 EUR for deals with volume of 10 K – 50 K EUR; 10,00 EUR for deals with volume of 50 K – 100 K EUR; 50,00 EUR for deals with volume of 100 K – 500 K EUR; 100,00 EUR for deals with volume of 500 K – 1 M EUR; 200.00 EUR for deals with volume over 1 M EUR.
Exercise and Settlement
ELANA Trading offers two types of Contract Options as defined by the exchange:
- American style Options can be exercised online at any time before the expiry apart from the last trading day. When in-the-money, an American style Contract Options position can be exercised into a specific Futures contract position, which is visible on the Account Summary until expiration. Once the Contract Option expires, the position stays visible on the Account Summary until the settlement day (instrument-specific).
- European style Options can only be auto-exercised at expiry. A European style Option, when in-the-money, is only exercised at expiry and is cash settled.
Expiry and Auto Exercise
When trading contract options, all options positions are subject to an auto exercise procedure at expiry as follows:
- All long positions on in-the-money Options are assumed to be exercised
- All short positions on in-the-money Options are assumed to be assigned
- All positions on out-of-the-money Options are abandoned
A Call Option is in-the-money when the strike price is below the market price of the underlying asset. A Put Option is in-the-money when the strike price is above the market price of the underlying asset. Abandonment of in-the-money positions is not supported. Thus, clients should close their Option positions prior to expiry.
Early Exercise of Options
Holders of a long position in American Style options can exercise the option any time prior to expiry. To exercise a long option position, an exercise request can be entered in the trading application; in the “Account Summary”. When exercising an option, a commission is charged for buying the underlying future contract. No commission are is for the exercise itself. On the last trading day, clients will not be able to exercise any option, since the expiry auto-exercise process will manage exercising against the exercise settlement value.
Short Trade on Contract Options
By default,you will not be enabled to trade Contract Options short. Short selling of Contract Options is allowed for individually assessed clients who have obtained an advanced margin profile. Please contact us for more information.
Deactivation of the underlying asset
If the Exchange deactivates the underlying asset, ELANA Trading will notify its clients and remove the related positions from the clients trading accounts.
Carrying Cost on Long Positions in Listed Options with maturity below 120 days
The overnight Carrying Cost on Long positions in Listed Options with maturity below 120 days will be calculated on the basis of the daily margin requirement.
Carrying Cost = Margin requirement * Holding time * (Relevant Interbank rate + Markup) / (365 or 360 days)
The fee will be calculated on a daily base and charged end-of-month.
Holding Fee on Long Positions in Listed Options with maturity beyond 120 days
The Holding Fee varies depending on the underlying asset class (Category) and will only apply to bought options with maturity beyond 120 days.
The fee will be calculated based on the below schedule and charged end-of-month.
Bought Options daily holding fees per million (Nominal Value)
|Interest rates||0,10 USD|
|Foreign-exchange rates and Gold||0,70 USD|
|Precious metals, except gold||1,00 USD|
Holding Fee per day = Nominal Value / 1 000 000 * Underlying Category Fee
Currency conversions of trading costs as well as profits and losses from trading activities are executed at the mid FX Spot rate when you close the position, plus/minus 0.5 %. For FX Options the rate is plus/minus 0.1 %.
The Currency Conversion fee does not apply to margin collateral. Only settlement of actual payments to or from the trading account are included, for example, buying/selling cash Stocks, paying/receiving options premium etc.
The rate used for currency conversion of amounts booked to your account is shown in the trading platforms under the “Trades Executed” report.
You must maintain the required margin collateral on ELANA Global Trader at all times. If at any time while a margin position is open, and the margin required to maintain that position exceeds the funds available for margin trading on the account, you are in breach of your contract. What happens if the required level of margin is violated?
- At 75% margin utilization – client will receive a message on the ELANA Global Trader platform informing him about the level of margin used.
- At 90% margin utilization – client will receive a message on the ELANA Global Trader platform informing him about the level of margin used and a warning that all margin positions will be closed if losses increase.
- At 100% margin utilization – ELANA Trading will, at its sole discretion and without consent from or prior notice to the client, force liquidate any of the client’s margin positions. Cash positions will not be closed.